Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Secret Productivity Tool for Moms of Preschoolers

If you have a toddler or preschooler, you know that they love splashing and playing with bubbles! Well, after breakfast the other day, my boy decided to "wash" my (safe) dishes. He made a terrific soggy mess, which took less time to clean up than it would have to have said, "Go play so mommy can do the dishes, " or, "No, you can ride your bike later--mommy's busy!" He stood there playing contentedly, chattering, singing, and occasionally chatting with me, AND I got the following things done as he enjoyed "working with mommy:"

1. Called the dentist office to pay a bill over the phone (save a stamp, and let them send you the receipt!)
2. Emptied the dishwasher. (Yes, I didn't actually wash the dishes by hand afterward, grin! So thankful I HAVE a dishwasher!)
3. Sort yesterday's mail. (Did I mention my "office" is in the kitchen pantry?)
4. Put clothes in dryer and started another load.

Mornings can potentially be stressful, whether or not you are getting someone or yourself out the door, so running your home like a business can help bring the "fun" back into family. This is especially important when you have small children. Everything you do to bring order into your life repays you in moments and memories that shape them for life! Speaking of which, this will be a short post, because my bed is not made, and my little boy is building airplanes and wants to share the fun. Quick, guess what I'm going to do first!

No comments:

Post a Comment