Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recipe for a "Perfect" New Year

(Previously shared as a "perfect" to-do loaf recipe!


Ingredients:

One heaping  Tablespoon of VISION
2 cups of MISSION
1 cup of PRIORITIES
2 teaspoons of GOALS
7 cups of TASKS, divided
One pinch each of HOPE, GOOD ATTITUDE, ACCOUNTABILITY, FUN, and REST

Method:

This recipe will not turn out properly unless the tasks are divided, and every ingredient is handy. Substitutes such as 'I don't have enough time,' 'I'm too busy,' and 'I'm not good at that' are proven toresult in FRUSTRATION and FUSS. To learn how to divide TASKS effectively, download and print a Family Manager Hit List at the menu choice "free" at www.familymanager.com .

Prepare the first three ingredients in quantity so you will always have them handy. Check your stock frequently, and freshen if necessary. Have your family members help you make these ingredients so everyone will think it tastes good, and for variety.

Start early each day, or even the night before, and mix all the ingredients together. You will need toadd the tasks in on a daily basis, and little by little. If you add them all at once first thing, you will not be able to enjoy the results due to fatigue, as tasks can be rather taxing to mix all at once! If you let them rise all day, and occasionally even all week, you will achieve a lighter loaf.

It is common to find that you are missing the other ingredients needed for this recipe, and most people try to make it without them, because these items must all be made only by you in order for the recipe to work. People (like me) stubbornly and repeatedly try to skip making the other ingredients, but the results are always a big mess! Years ago, I tried this recipe repeatedly to no avail. I felt certain that if I could just get the TASKS all in one place that I could look at, that I could magically run around like a supermom until they were done, and still somehow be joyful, rested, and pleasant. Those efforts always ended in a mushy tearful mess. I found out that the missing ingredients help the dough rise slowly over time, and that the tasks mix well throughout the days and weeks when they are divided. My To-Do Loaves always taste good now. My family savors the flavor too, and thanks me for working so hard at getting it right. The hope and fun make it taste good even if it turns out lopsided every now and then. 

What other ingredients do you think would make this recipe even more delectable?

For more ideas on tackling your to-do list, go here:

http://tannaclark.com/2011/02/going-from-to-do-to-done-is-as-easy-as-1-2-3/

If you need help making your own MISSION, VISION, PRIORITES, and GOALS for this recipe, I would be happy to help! Just ask me how! You could always visit us at www.establishedways.comand read more recipes at right here on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment