Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Busy Mama Fill Your Tank Challenge Day 8


Today, I had the privilege of spending quality girlfriend time with a busy mom friend. We had such a great time! She shared with me how she was consciously  letting go of things which did not serve her priorities. What she shared made me think of these three ways you can ramp up self care in the coming week and throughout our Fill Your Tank Challenge.

Let Go
My heart was thrilled to see how much lighter my friend was from letting go of obligations and thoughts which had been weighing her down for some time. For me, letting go of the day's "craziness" to spend 15 minutes (by the timer, I kid you not!) with my son at a butterfly refuge park last week brought similar lightening and refreshing.

Take Ten
My boy has been up in arms over the past two weeks from the excitement in our lives right now. If you have a toddler, you know you can tell when things are exceptional by the responses of your young kids. He just glowed during those fifteen minutes at the park, and the time passed much more slowly than seemed possible!

Have a Project or Goal
For me, working out this month has been enjoyable, because it is something I have created to help myself, not just with fitness, but during this incredible season of change. It grounds me and keeps me thankful and sane. Plus, I can see progress!

It's not too late to share your self care goal for April and join us in this Fill Your Tank Challenge!
What will you do to fill your own tank? Remember, you can't give on empty.

My goal is to work out 21 out of 30 days in April.

Number of workouts left:
16

No comments:

Post a Comment